If you’re looking for a thorough Bigscoots review, you’re in the right place.
It’s likely that if you’re here, you’ve run across Bigscoots: maybe a fellow site owner told you about them, or maybe you were trying to find an alternative to what you currently have. Unfortunately, you may not personally know someone who uses Bigscoots, so you might be wondering whether they’re service is worth your time and money.
In this post, it’s my goal to present all of the facts about Bigscoots to help you make the decision whether or not it’s a good use of your time and money. In this Bigscoots review, I will tell you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
- 1 What is BigScoots? An Overview
- 2 How Does BigScoots Work?
- 3 How Do I Get Started with BigScoots?
- 4 Who is BigScoots For?
- 5 BigScoots Tools & Training
- 6 BigScoots Support
- 7 What Does BigScoots Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t BigScoots Do Well
- 9 BigScoots Review Roundup
- 10 BigScoots Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of BigScoots
- 12 Top Alternatives
- 13 VERDICT: Recommended
- 14 Bigscoots Web Hosting
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
What is BigScoots? An Overview
When you decide to start a business online or expand an existing business online, one of the first decisions you’ll have to make is which web hosting company to use. Web hosting is the storage space where you’re articles, audio files, or videos will be held online. Unlike traditional storage or cloud storage, web hosting consists of servers that enable internet users from all over the world to request and be presented with access to your online content on-demand.
Bigscoots is a fully managed website hosting company. In addition to offering you the servers so website users can visit your website on demand, Bigscoots offers more technical support in optimal response times than most of their competitors. They’re most known for the optimal speeds their sites get and their quick and knowledgeable customer support. Here’s a video that explains Bigscoots by their CEO and Vice President:
How Does BigScoots Work?
Bigscoots is located in Chicago, Illinois where they have a team of technical experts and lots of servers. They maintain their servers in the best environment to ensure high uptimes, high speeds, and an optimal experience for you and your website visitors.
When you decide you want to get hosting from BigScoots, you would create your account, and they can migrate your current website or register your domain. Site migration is free and they can even fix issues for you like malware, speed issues, coding errors, and other things you might run into. Alternatively, if you’re starting from the beginning, and you need to purchase a domain name, Bigscoots is a domain registrar. You’d simply pick the website URL, you’d like, and they can register the domain for you from their website.
Other website owners who have chosen to switch from other hosting providers have seen drastic improvements in speed. Bigscoots has a whole comparison page on their website where you can see domain names, who the previous hosting provider was, and the speed improvement they had when they switched to BigScoots. If you’re still unsure, you can even contact one of the site owners to verify the accuracy! (I don’t recommend this, but they’ve given enough information that it’s possible)
Bigscoots has recorded the improvement of sites switched from reputable hosting providers like:
- InMotion Hosting
- A2 Hosting
- Orange Geek
- and others…
In fact, you can look at this screenshot (from the Bigscoots website) with droves of before and after comparisons…
How Do I Get Started with BigScoots?
Getting started with Bigscoots is fairly simple. Here’s what you would do:
1. Pick your plan
Bigscoots offers shared, VPS, and dedicated servers. You’d want to pick the plan that offers the amount of storage space and bandwidth you need. If you’ve had a hosting account before, you would want to use your current plan and usage as a point of reference, decide if you were overusing or if the amount was sufficient, and choose a plan from there. If you’re starting a brand new site, you’ll want to start with one of the shared hosting plans, and gradually increase as you grow the content and traffic on the site. For more information on how to pick the best hosting for you, check out my article here.
2. Determine your Contract Length
Bigscoots offers month-to-month, annual, bi-annual, or tri-annual plans. The longer the plan, the more discounted the price, but all of the plans are competitively priced. You want to choose which plan works best for you based on your budget and goals.
If you’re payments aren’t kept current, it’s likely, you’re site will not remain live, so I usually recommend annual or longer just to ensure continuity for your website visitors. It’s similar to cell phone service. If you don’t pay your bill, your service can be cut off, and it leaves an error message for callers or website visitors. If you’re serious about your online presence, it’s best to go for the longer terms because other arrangements can be embarrassing if you overlook a bill or forget to pay.
3. Register a Domain or Migrate a Domain
If you’re starting a new site, you’d need to buy the domain name. The domain name is similar to your offline address. It could be anything you want, but only one person can have each domain name. Bigscoots has a tool that helps you check each domain for availability, then you can register the domain from their website.
If you already have a domain, you’d finish creating your account, enter your domain information, and Bigscoots will migrate your website for free.
4. Install your Content Management System (WordPress is Most Recommended)
There are several content management systems to choose from and discussing that would take several more posts. WordPress is the most used and most recommended because of its flexibility and because its very customizable. Some other common alternatives are Drupal, Joomla, Weebly, Prestoshop, Magento, and others.
5. Begin Customizing Your Website
After your content management system is chosen, you would begin customizing your site by adding a theme, plugins, and content. If you’re unfamiliar with how to set up a WordPress site or how to customize it, I’d love to coach you and offer training to you. You can learn more about my 1-on-1 coaching here, and you can try out my #1 recommended internet marketing training here.
Who is BigScoots For?
- Website owners: whether you need lots of storage and bandwidth or you’re just starting out
- Those who don’t mind paying a little extra for higher quality, better customer support, and optimal website health
- Those who would appreciate the support of an expert technical team to help fix issues when they come up
- Those who are having trouble with their current host: billing issues, malware or security issues, site speed issues, or customer support problems
- Those who could appreciate free migration services to leave their current hosting provider
BigScoots Tools & Training
Bigscoots has a blog and knowledge base where you can get some questions answered. If these two resources don’t answer your questions, Bigscoots has 24/7 support that has an average response time of less than 5 minutes.
One thing the Bigscoots customers rave about most is the customer support. Bigscoots takes alot of pride in being the web hosting solution with 100% customer satisfaction, therefore, they sincerely try to rectify all issues to keep their customers happy.
What Does BigScoots Do Well
- They don’t increase prices for returning customers like most other hosting companies do
- They discount longer contract terms: annual, biannual, or triannual
- They offer hands-on technical support – They help with plugin issues, security issues, site speed, and other technical issues that prevent your website from operating optimally.
- They have very fast customer support
- It’s been proven that sites from other prominent hosts like Siteground, A2, InMotion Hosting, Bluehost, Hostgator, and others have gotten lots faster when transferred to BigScoots. See the comparison proof on their site.
- They’ve been in business for 7 years and have a 100% rate of customer satisfaction! That’s amazing!
What Doesn’t BigScoots Do Well
- They don’t offer training for site owners who are struggling with content marketing, website ranking, SEO, or paid ads
- They don’t offer marketing support–Instead they primarily offer technical support
BigScoots Review Roundup
It’s nice to see my opinion and facts about the service, but it’s always important to know what the customers experiences have been like before making a decision. Here is a compilation of Bigscoots third party reviews, expert reviews, pros and cons.
Third Party Reviews
BigScoots is not currently reviewed on third-party customer review sites like G2Crowd, TrustPilot, or others, however, they have very positive reviews on Youtube and Google search results. This is a glimpse at the search result:As you can see, third-party expert reviewers are saying positive things about BigScoots and customers are sharing their experiences in forums. All of the reviews I’ve read are positive ones, which speaks highly of Bigscoots’ services.
Common Positive Feedback
- Customer service is very fast
- They know me by my first name
- My site spent went up drastically
- My site traffic has grow significantly since moving to BigScoots
Common Negative Feedback
There are currently no negative reviews.
Most Helpful Positive BigScoots Review
Bloggers don’t even realize this, but as I run our powerful plugin on people’s WordPress blogs, I see all the numbers and they are staggeringly different. And there’s ONE determining factor in the fast sites vs. the slow sites. The host.The good news? That means the solution to “how do I speed up my site?” is simple: change your web host.
After experiencing over 100 hosts personally – this is not a “I did a lot of reading of FAQs” review – I have exactly one recommendation, and this host has fast servers, inexpensive rates, and great customer service.
The best web host for bloggers is BigScoots, hands down.
I’ve seen a number of clients move to BigScoots, and their feedback only solidifies my opinion.
Kris Kimball, The Blog Fixer
Bigscoots pricing ranges contingent on the amount of storage and support your website will require. For sites just starting out who need shared hosting, the prices break down like this…
For more established websites who need VPS or dedicated servers, Bigscoots has several options available on their website.
My Final Opinion of BigScoots
Overall, BigScoots is one of my top recommended web hosts. They offer superior customer service and great service, and they break the industry standard by keeping stable and affordable pricing regardless of if it’s your first, second, or third term with them. Other web hosts give trouble about billing, drastically increase the pricing (sometimes more than 50%), have serious security compromises, and don’t offer the same level of support, so I’d recommend Bigscoots to all those who don’t want to be hosted by my #1 recommended hosting company.
While my #1 recommendation can be a compliment (if you want hosting with Bigscoots and still feel that you need additional training), it could also be an alternative since they have hosting.
If you’re looking to:
- Host your website
- Learn how to grow your traffic
- Get feedback on your site’s user friendliness and health
- Get comments on your site to build your SEO and authority
- Have a simple-to-use interface where you can publish content from one location to any of your hosted sites
- Learn different options to monetize your site
- Get 1-on-1 coaching
- Get live training with Q&A
- and Get 1000’s of hours of training on SEO, social media, paid ads, etc.
Then my #1 recommended hosting may be a good compliment, or even a better hosting option for you.
What’s Included with Wealthy Affiliate Hosting?
Wealthy Affiliate vs. Bigscoots
Other Hosting Companies I Recommend
Click on any of the links below to be taken to my full review:
If you need help deciding what to look for in a good or bad web host, check out my post How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Company for You.
After reviewing dozens of web hosts, you can see my top 6 recommended web hosts for small businesses here.
But, Try My #1 Recommendation 1st!
Bigscoots Web Hosting
- Superb support--Average response times less than 5 minutes
- Can host multiple CMS solutions
- Plans available for low content-low traffic sites as well as high-content and high-traffic sites
- Affordably priced and no price increase between terms
- 100% customer satisfaction over 9 years in business
- No training on SEO, SEM, Website monetization, or other topics for success online
- Mostly technical support -- Some site owners may need more marketing support