- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
- 1 What is GetResponse? An Overview
- 2 How Does GetResponse Work?
- 3 How Do I Get Started with GetResponse?
- 4 Who is GetResponse For?
- 5 GetResponse Tools & Training
- 6 GetResponse Support
- 7 What Does GetResponse Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t GetResponse Do Well
- 9 GetResponse Review Roundup
- 10 GetResponse Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of GetResponse
- 12 VERDICT: Recommended
- 13 ——————————————————-
- 14 GetResponse | Email Marketing Service
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
What is GetResponse? An OverviewGetResponse was founded by Simon Grabokowski in 1997, and the first office was opened in 1998. Since, it’s grown massively into a company with more than 350,000 customers in 183 countries, 300 team mates, and 15 years of experience! They offer a suite of software tools to help you nurture your relationships with your customers virtually including: Email automation tools Landing pages Webinars CRM and, Autoresponders
How Does GetResponse Work?Let’s say you start a new business and you start to meet people and let them know about what you do. They say, “Great. I’ll keep you in mind when I need that service”, but they go about with their lives. You keep their business cards, and you never hear from them again. It could be a missed opportunity, right? Instead, you can:
- Add their email addresses into your email software
- Follow up with them (even if it’s just on holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries)
- and, Keep checking in with them so you stay top-of-mind
- Add nice and decorated landing pages to your website
- Add optin forms to collect email addresses online
- and, Schedule appointments virtually and use the GetResponse webinar software to collaborate across locations.
- How to create an account
- How to create an email
- How to check analytics
- How to set up a campaign
- How to use the Getresponse landing pages and signup forms
- The Getresponse integreations
- and, how to set up a webinar
How Do I Get Started with GetResponse?To get started with Getresponse, you would: 1. Visit their website 2. Create a free account using your name, email address, and a password you make up 3. From there, you’ll need to verify your email address 4. Your account will be created 5. You’ll be asked to give more demographic information: name, email, phone number, etc. 6. Then, you’ll be given a virtual tour 7. And, finally, you can begin using the GetResponse tools!
Who is GetResponse For?GetResponse is for:
- Small business owners who want the functionality of email automation, landing pages, and email in one
- Those who want a modern and playful interface
- Those who manage email marketing for others
- Those who want lots of automations
- and, those who want an affordable price
GetResponse Tools & TrainingGetResponse has a listbuilding course as well as lots of information in their Help Center. It’s also helpful to note that since the software is so widely used, it’s also easy to find tutorials and tips on Youtube.
GetResponse SupportGetResponse has a help center as well as 24/7 live chat and email support.
What Does GetResponse Do Well
- They have designed a very nice user interface
- They have lots of features in GetResponse and it’s fairly simple to use
- The prices are very affordable
- Their statistics and analytics is easy to use
- They offer landing pages so you can cut costs (if you want to)
- They offer more features than their competitors in the same price range
- They have high customer satisfaction ratings
What Doesn’t GetResponse Do WellGetResponse doesn’t offer a full sales funnel builder platform–they have email marketing and landing pages which are two major components. Customer reviews suggest the software is easy to use, but since there’s alot of options, it can be difficult to make decisions
GetResponse Review RoundupIn order to be objective and give you an idea of what customers like and dislike about GetResponse, I’ve compiled this roundup of Getresponse reviews.
Common Positive Feedback
- Great value for the price!
- Easy to use
- Great training and guides
- Love the user interface
- Great stats and reporting options
- Great spam score feature–helps with deliverability
Common Negative Feedback
- Too many options
- Billing date changes
- They count one person on multiple separate lists or segments as a separate subscriber, so your billing tier goes up quicker
- The landing pages are nice, but often times, they either have too much pre-loaded or not enough
- I wish we could accept payment and build full funnels in GetResponse rather than using Getresponse and another software tool like Clickfunnels or Builderall.
- Not intuitive enough for heavy e-commerce use
Most Helpful Positive GetResponse ReviewPros: I’ve used this software for the past 3 years, and I could not be happier with the amount of options I have available to me for the cost. There is a lot of room to customize everything in this software. I like that I can completely customize opt in forms to be any size and any design you can dream up. It’s really great for branding and staying consistent with your website’s design. I have also used their landing pages, which are really simple to format and create in a short amount of time. They are completely customizable and are great if you want to quickly set up an optin without creating a whole website. I use their platform to send out a weekly email. This process is so quick and seamless for me as I can turn any email I’ve sent in the past into a template. I can simply change the content of each email and send it in a snap. I also love that this software has so many tools integrated into it. I can create an optin and send an automated email as well as filter my subscribers into my main email list. It’s nice to have it all in one. Cons: The only complaint I have about this software is that it almost has TOO many options. It can feel a bit overwhelming when you login to know what to do and where to go. I only use a few of the many options because of this. I know what I use on a daily basis and I’m familiar with that, but I don’t explore too much as it feels cumbersome to navigate quickly. Overall: I use this software with an email list that is around 1200. I send out weekly emails and have two opt ins that I use on a consistent basis. I also use their Android App to track my opens and clicks with every email I send. It makes it easy to determine how I’m doing and explore insights on a regular basis. Lee K., Capterra reviewer
Most Helpful Negative GetResponse ReviewGetResponse – Your import request has been rejected. I have decided to move from AW to GetResponse. After paying the $15, for some reason, GetResponse charged my card twice. When I wanted to import my list of merely 200 genuine subscribers. So, called “Hydra”, this is not a joke, by the way, red-flagged my list because it allegedly “looked similar” to other lists on their system. When I tried to dispute and prove this my list, not a chance. All I got was an automated response, stating the same thing over and over. Waste of time, luckily this happened at the beginning, who knows what tricks they might have later on when I need to run campaigns. Thomas Davids, Trustpilot review
GetResponse PriceHere is a general breakdown of the GetResponse pricing:
My Final Opinion of GetResponseOverall, GetResponse is a great option for email marketing. If you’re looking for software that can:
- Help automate email communication
- Enable you to do webinars
- That serves as a customer relations management (CRM) system
- And, that you can use to create landing pages…
Get Started with a 30-Day Free Trial
Popular GetResponse Alternatives
Communicate with your subscribers in a customized way based on their activity with advanced tagging and segmentation.
Don't double pay for subscribers. Instead keep an unlimited # of email contacts for free and only pay for the # of emails you send.
Sell an unlimited # of digital products and online courses. Don't worry about transaction fees. Email as often as you want and grow your email list as large as you want without additional charges.
GetResponse | Email Marketing Service
- A Suite of Communication Tools: Landing pages, webinars, email automation, surveys, and email marketing
- Lots of helpful training
- 24/7 Live chat and email support
- Very modern user interface
- High customer satisfaction and value for the price
- Landing pages aren't as easy to customize as landing page software created exclusively for that (but, most of those are more expensive by themselves without the other GetResponse features)
- Some customers complained of billing issues (dates changing)
- GetResponse will count one subscriber as two when the same subscriber is added on two email lists--this can impact the pricing when that phenomenon compiles
- Some customers complained they had trouble importing their lists because a "hydra" error would populate saying their list is similar to another customer
- Customer reviews suggest it doesn't have all of the automation functionality some customers need for businesses like e-commerce or heavy online sales