If you’re looking for an in-depth Leadpages review, you’re in the right place.
Having a list of potential customers you can contact at a click of a button is powerful. Odds are, if you’re here, you know it’s important to build an email list. The problem is, how do you build the list? Do you get special landing page software? Email software? Ads? Or, what’s most important for you?
In this Leadpages review, my goal is to show you the pros and cons, so you can decide if this is the best software for you. The way I look at software is like buying a pair of shoes, there’s no one size that’ll fit everyone, so I won’t try to “sell” you on something because it worked for me, my mom, or her mom. Hahahaha.
This leadpages review is all about helping you decide if Leadpages has the features you’re looking for to achieve your business goals, so let’s get started…
- 1 What is Leadpages?
- 2 How does Leadpages Work?
- 3 What does Leadpages Integrate with?
- 4 How do I get started with Leadpages?
- 5 Who is Leadpages for?
- 6 Leadpages Tools and Training
- 7 Leadpages Support
- 8 What does Leadpages do Well?
- 9 What doesn’t Leadpages do well?
- 10 Leadpages Review Roundup
- 11 How Much does Leadpages Cost?
- 12 My Final Opinion about Leadpages
- 13 Verdict: Recommended
- 14 Leadpages
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
What is Leadpages?
Leadpages is a software used to:
- Create landing pages
- Create sales pages
- Collect email subscribers via text messaging
- Create “Thank you” pages
- Host video presentations or webinars (via integrations)
- Split test and measure the effectiveness of landing pages or sales pages
- Create checkout pages
- Collect payment
- and, Deliver content upgrades or lead magnets
How does Leadpages Work?
If you’re aim is to automate more of your marketing and sales, then you’ll hear quite a few terms that refer to technology. You’ll hear terms like:
- “landing page”
- “Lead magnet”
- “Sales page”
- “Content upgrades
- and others
These terms are all referring to techological advancements that help entrepreneurs to convert the attention you gain online into prospective customers and sales. Typically, in the online setting, you’d get the attention of a prospective customer first by way of:
- An ad
- A blog post
- A social media post
- A video
- A referral
- A podcast
- A forum
- Or some other interaction online
Once you gain the person’s attention, the next step is to build trust with them, and hopefully, convert that trust into a sale. Leadpages helps with the sales funnel process because they offer software that helps to make the presentation of your product or service more clean, to offer and deliver free digital gifts, to collect payments, and to measure your results with analytics.
Leadpages has 100’s of templates that can help you easily design important components of your automated sales funnel.
What does Leadpages Integrate with?
Leadpages integrates with many different software solutions, so prior to someone submitting their email address, you can:
- Observe their activities on your pages
- Analyze data
- Split test headlines, offers, and pages
- and Connect the remainder of your tech stack
Then, when someone submits their email, you can:
- Have them checkout
- Upsell a paid offer
- Communicate via live chat
- Send an email
- Send a text message
- Book a call
- Give access to a course
- Give access to a webinar
- Or, another activity that helps push your prospect to the next phase of your customer journey
By way of built-in integrations or Zapier, you can convert a person whose given their email address into a person whose more connected to your business, and closer to making a purchase.
How do I get started with Leadpages?
Leadpages offers a 14-day free trial, so you can try before you buy. You can test to see what it’s like to build a landing page, sales page, or full automated sales funnel, and decide if the software works well for you.
Who is Leadpages for?
Leadpages works best for business owners who want to be able to:
- Convert website visitors into leads
- Measure conversion rates
- Integrate with ad platforms and many other software options
- Collect email addresses via text, landing page, etc.
- Give free gifts (with email signup)
- Host webinars
Leadpages Tools and Training
Leadpages has awesome training resources on:
- Digital marketing
- Lead conversion
- Landing page design
- Marketing automation
- and more
- Downloadable resources
- and more
Leadpages offers phone, email, and live chat support to help you with tech issues and questions.
What does Leadpages do Well?
- Lead notifications
- Unimited A/B Split testing
- They integrate with lots of software
- No limit on the number of leads who see your page or go thru your funnels
- Unlimited funnels
- They provide phone, email, and live chat support
- They have a high customer satisfaction rating
- They allow you to try before paying anything
What doesn’t Leadpages do well?
- Leadpages doesn’t offer any lead follow-up features
- You have to integrate Leadpages with email marketing, CRM, and other software to nurture leads
Leadpages Review Roundup
It’s always helpful to see what customers have had to say about the software, so here I’ve compiled a summary of the positive and negative things Leadpages customers have had to say.
Common Positive Leadpages Reviews
- Leadpages has a reasonable entry-price point for many entrepreneurs
- The text-to email is perfect for brick and mortar businesses, speakers, radio, podcasters, or video marketers
- Many customers say their lists drastically grew
- Some customers rely on the Leadpages tool 100% for conversion optimization
- Some Leadpages customers prefer it over WordPress and other Content Management Systems
Common Negative Leadpages Reviews
- Reviewers mention pick about what features should and shouldn’t be in the smaller vs. larger plans (for example: They say split testing should be included with the basic plan, and so on)
- Customers say the landing page creator can be “buggy” at times
- Analytics is not highly detailed
- Integrations can have bugs, and sometimes, leads can be lost in transfer
Most Helpful Positive Leadpages Review
Leadpages is amazing at advertising, directing customers through links, and collecting customer data. It is also truly great at integrating with other platforms like Mailchimp and Facebook!G2Crowd Reviewer
Most Helpful Negative Leadpages Review
“Although it is affordable per month for a standard package we found that we wanted all the features so the advanced package was what we needed and unfortunately it was a bit out of our budget.”TrustRadius Reviewer
How Much does Leadpages Cost?
Leadpages ranges between $25/mo and $199/mo. The higher priced plans include more customer support (live chat or phone), whereas, the smallest plan only includes email support. The higher tier plans include use on more websites, enable you to accept payment, gives you more integrations, and gives you more text to email campaigns. You can see the pricing plans and details by going here.
My Final Opinion about Leadpages
Overall, Leadpages is a great software if you’re looking for a done-for-you model that will help you convert website visitors into prospects you can follow up with, and close sales. The smallest package is affordable, however, once you require the higher tier features, it might be best to look around to ensure your getting the most function for the price.
If you try the software and find it simple to use, and satisfactory for your use-case, it could be the best option for you. Get started with a 14-day free trial and test it out for ourself (without entering billing info).
Popular Leadpages Alternatives
If you're looking for an alternative that provides detailed analytics and a seamless checkout process, SamCart could be a great option for you.
If you want to make amazing lead magnets or paid digital products like courses, downloads, or eBooks, and you want to convert those leads into customers, Podia could be a great option for you.
If you're looking for a landing page building, and a full marketing automation system, Convertkit may be best for you.
- Industry veterans -- Been around a long time
- Solid software that helps with Lead Conversion
- High customer satisfaction rating
- Lots of integrations
- Low entry-level pricing
- Requires integrations for nurturing leads (email marketing, CRM, etc.)
- Important features (like split testing, checkout, or integrations require upgraded plans)
- The pricing plans compare to email marketing or shopping cart comparables (that include landing page builders)
- Customers say the landing page builder can be "buggy"