If you’re looking for a thorough LifterLMS Review, you’re in the right place. Here, we’ll be talking about pros, cons, and alternatives to help you decide the best learning management solution for you.
It’s likely that if your here, you’re interested in selling digital courses from your website. According to Inc., the digital course industry is a $107 billion dollar per year industry that’s growing and evolving as we speak! Teachers no longer have to expect to have a long career in one of the lowest paid professions. Instead, the internet has changed that, and software providers like LifterLMS are contributing alot to a shift in modern day education. In this LifterLMS Review, I will tell you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
- 1 What is LifterLMS? An Overview
- 2 How Does LifterLMS Work?
- 3 How Do I Get Started with LifterLMS?
- 4 Who is LifterLMS For?
- 5 LifterLMS Tools & Training
- 6 LifterLMS Support
- 7 What Does LifterLMS Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t LifterLMS Do Well
- 9 LifterLMS Review Roundup
- 10 LifterLMS Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of LifterLMS
- 12 VERDICT: Recommended
- 13 ——————————————————-
- 14 LifterLMS
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
What is LifterLMS? An Overview
Many online entrepreneurs who reach 6-figures or more have multiple streams of income. They may have income from affiliate marketing, ads, services, and digital courses. LifterLMS is a WordPress plugin that adds the functionality to your website, so you can create and sell digital courses.
LifterLMS is a WordPress plugin that adds the ability to:
- Create and sell digital courses
- Create a membership site
- Create private coaching areas
- Add gamification and engagement activities into your school
- Send behavior-based emails and text messages
- Drip Content
- Accept one-time payments, payment plans, or recurring payments
- Create custom sale pages
- Maintain your branding with consistent flow from the remainder of your site to oyur course pages
- And more…
How Do I Get Started with LifterLMS?
LifterLMS has come a long way in simplifying their software. It used to be more complex and difficult to use. Now, it’s fairly simple once you uderstand how to use WordPress. You can set up your courses in three basic steps:
1. Set up your website
To use LifterLMS, you’d need a WordPress website and hosting. If you don’t already have a WordPress website and hosting, I recommend you try out this website builder for free:
You’ll have a WordPress website in minutes!
2. Install the LifterLMS Plugin
You can install the LifterLMS plugin on the free website. Using my referral link, you’ll be ab;e to get access at $1 for a 30 day trial. If you decide you like the website builder, the hosting, and the online school setup, you can upgrade to the premium versions.
3. Outline and Add Content to Your Course
You can see the user interface from the “course builder” on the backend of my course website here:
You drag and drop “elements into your outline, and each section will have the option to “add content in WordPress” when you hover. Once you have your outline complete, you can add in your content, or you can go back and forth between outlining and adding content (like I do haha).
As a nice feature, you can drag your sections around to rearrange them if you feel the order would be better another way. I love the fluidity of LifterLMS!
Who is LifterLMS For?
LifterLMS is best for:
- Individuals who have a specialty or passion they’d like to compile into a course
- Businesses who want to offer training for employees or customers
- Businesses who want to offer digital courses
- Teachers who want to offer coaching and consulting services alongside their courses
- Businesses who want to host courses on their own sites
- Businesses who prefer to control the pricing of their courses (more than you could do at Udemy, Skillshare, or other online marketplaces)
LifterLMS Tools & Training
Of course, LifterLMS has courses. Hahahaha.
They have courses to show you how to set up your online courses, they also have a knowledge base, FAQs, a blog, a podcast, and webinars you can check out.
If you’re a paying customer of LifterLMS, they offer support to help you with any technical issues you might come across when using LifterLMS. They offer phone, live chat, ticket, and email support. I’ve personally used the support and they’ve been very helpful and polite.
What Does LifterLMS Do Well
- LifterLMS has created a top-of-the-line learning management solution
- They enable you to control your intellectual property and your own pricing
- They have alot of engagement and gamification features many other LMS solutions don’t offer
- They have private coaching options and internal upsell options to tailor experiences and earn more revenue
- They offer alot of payment options
- They’re very innovative and constantly working to improve their software and add new features
What Doesn’t LifterLMS Do Well
- They’ve changed the prices quite a few times. They used to use the fremium model where you could use the plugin for free, but now, they no longer offer that
- Since the plugin is on your own self-hosted site, you’d have to learn how to drive traffic on your own (unlike an alternative like Wealthy Affiliate, Udemy, or Skillshare where there would already be an audience).
LifterLMS Review Roundup
When taking a look at the search results, it’s immediately clear that there are some people who really like the software. However, when digging a little deeper, I was able to find people who had good experiences and some who shared their disappointment, so let me share with you what reviewers said: both bad and good.
Common Positive Feedback
- Amazing functionality
- The best LMS
- Just what we needed
- Great development and great people
- They keep improving the software
Common Negative Feedback
- Useless without paying
- Very expensive
- Not free anymore
- They keep changing the prices
Most Helpful Positive LifterLMS Review
Lifter LMS is the crown jewel of LMS plugins for making money. The flawless eCommerce integration and student profile areas make it hard to pass up. Whether you’re selling courses on technology, arts, history or gardening, Lifter LMS and the Lifter LMS add-ons should do the trick.
Joe Waenimot, WPLift Reviewer
Most Helpful Negative LifterLMS Review
LifterLMS is a powerful and flexible choice for a WordPress LMS plugin. It is easy to use, and the setup wizard even installs a demo course for you. It is useful for fitness experts, musicians, leadership trainers, education entrepreneurs, and anyone who want to earn money by selling online lessons.
It is a little more expensive, and the pricing will add up if you choose to buy individual add-ons.
Editorial Staff, WPBeginner
LifterLMS has three plans you can choose from. They also offer to set up your school for you if you decide you simply don’t want to spend the time. Here are their three software payment plan options:
My Final Opinion of LifterLMS
LifterLMS is a great learning management solution. I like how it integrates with your WordPress website, how you can engage with students on your website (rather than sending students to a Facebook group), how you can keep your branding uniform, and the software is easy for me to use.
I’m happy to see many others who also have great experiences with the software, and as a result, I confidently recommend them for people who want to create online courses on their websites.
Get Started with LifterLMS
Sell memberships, digital products, and online courses from one platform. Email marketing and live chat integrated.
Many course creators love Teachable. You can sell online courses and start for free.
Create online courses and self-host them on your WordPress website. Pay a one-time fee and avoid subscriptions.
- There is a monopoly of positive reviews
- You can keep your customers on your website which will help with their user experience
- The courses look very nice
- It's easy to outline and add content to the course
- Lots of integrations and features
- Higher price then some other alternatives
- They've changed the price, so people who knew about their lower pricing sometimes get upset
- Cannot be used on other Content management systems other than wordpress