Disclaimer: At the time of this writing, I am not a member of the B School affiliate program, and I haven’t taken B School. This review compiles facts and experiences from actual students into one succinct place to help you decide if this program is a good opportunity for you.
If you’re looking for a thorough review of B-School, you’re in the right place. Marie Forleo is an international icon because she’s grown a global business that helps others to start and grow a business and life they love.
If you’re here, it’s likely, you’re on the fence and trying to figure out whether B-School is a good option for you. I don’t blame you. The course is nearly $2k, so you need to validate you’ll be able to get a return on your money. In this review, I plan to compile all of the facts, so you don’t have to go from review to review trying to see what everyone’s saying and whether it will achieve your goals.
In this review, I plan to tell you:
- What it is
- How it works
- What it does well and what it doesn’t
- Pros and Cons
- My Recommendations
- And alternatives (in case you want to do comparison shopping)
- 1 Who is Marie Forleo?
- 2 What is B School? An Overview
- 3 How Does B School Work?
- 4 How Do I Get Started with B School?
- 5 Who is B School For?
- 6 Who SHOULD NOT Join B School?
- 7 B School Tools & Training
- 8 B School Support
- 9 What Does B School Do Well
- 10 What Doesn’t B School Do Well
- 11 B School Review Roundup
- 12 B School Price
- 13 What is the B School Refund Policy?
- 14 My Final Opinion of B School
- 15 VERDICT: Recommended
- 16 Marie Forleo's B School
- 17 Pros
- 18 Cons
Who is Marie Forleo?
If you haven’t heard of Marie Forleo before, she’s an amazing online entrepreneur. Hahaha.
I know that sounds biased, but that’s what I think. What I like most about her is she’s one of the few online entrepreneurs who don’t sugarcoat what it takes to be successful. She worked on Wall Street in a very lucrative job, but she hated it. While she was there, she started to admire the idea of running a life coaching business, and eventually, she quit her job.
Marie did odd jobs and worked as a waitress for years until her business income replaced her job income. Despite a long growth journey, she stuck with it and she’s become massively successful. Here are a few facts about her.
- She’s been endorsed by people like Sir Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, and Toni Robbins
- She’s a speaker at Grant Cardone’s 2020 10X Conference
- She’s hosted the award winning show MarieTV where she talks about how you can create a business and life you love
- She hosts the Marie Forleo podcast
- She’s a New York Times bestselling author of “Everything is Figureoutable”
- and, She’s helped 40,000+ students thru B School (and it’s really tough to find any complaints!)
Her story is inspiring and it says to me “If you really want to make a business work, you have to commit and stick it out thru the good and the bad”.
What is B School? An Overview
B School is Marie Forleo’s online business school that opens once per year. In B-School, you learn the business acumen that can help you to build a business you enjoy with clarity and direction.
How Does B School Work?
B School is an interactive course where you have dedicated coaches, live training sessions, office hours, and recorded training that releases weekly until graduation day. At this point, there are tens of thousands of B School students and you get lifetime access (with no recurring payments). B School is produced at a very high quality and Marie (along with previous alumni and current students) are actively engaged in the live events.
How Do I Get Started with B School?
To get started with B-School, you can either visit Marie’s site directly, or you can join thru an affiliate to get their support. Marie is very careful about choosing affiliates. Their commission is not solely for bringing you to the point of sale. Instead, each affiliate or referrer is expected to offer additional support to help you successfully complete the program.
Who is B School For?
Marie has made B School suitable for product-based businesses, service-based businesses, affiliate marketing businesses, and all other business types who want to be successful with doing business online.
B School is also great for those who want to improve with copywriting, content marketing, and the use of words to sell. Marie attributes copywriting as the #1 reason for her success online, and she’s amazing at it. You get swipe files from her that you can use as “controls” to create your own.
Who SHOULD NOT Join B School?
You should not join if:
- You’d be using money you need for food, shelter, clothing, or transportation to cover tuition
- You’re at the phase where you’re trying to develop a good business concept or idea
- You want to leave your job or retire, and you’re looking for ways to make extra money
B School is better suited for those who already have their business concept or idea and who have the money to invest in taking it to the next level.
B School Tools & Training
Students describe that B-School is very comprehensive and the exercises help to further apply the insight you’re given.
B School Support
One great thing about B School is the level of support you get. For most programs that teach you how to run an online business, you get minimal support–that’s what sets B School apart. You get dedicated coaches, live training with Marie, office hours, and more.
What Does B School Do Well
- It’s a very comprehensive course
- Marie is a highly credible instructor
- Her affiliates are highly credible and include bonuses for signup
- There is a high customer satisfaction ratio
- It’s very hard to find anything negative about the program, so there is a solid reputation
What Doesn’t B School Do Well
- It’s only open in the February-March time frame: once per year
- Although the quality makes it worthwhile, it’s pricey for most people
- It doesn’t do the work for you, so you’ll still need work ethic and drive to successfully grow your business
B School Review Roundup
Here are the positive and negative reviews I’ve found on the program. I’ve compiled these to help you make a good decision about the program.
Common Positive Feedback
- My business was struggling before and I got ideas from B School that helped me run a thriving business
- The B School community is amazing
- The B School community is worth it by itself
- I’ve been able to meet B Schoolers in my town
- The courses were very helpful
- The swipe files were amazing
Common Negative Feedback
- B School is expensive
- There are lots of affiliates filling up my email box about this
- I can’t tell if it’s really good or if I’ll be disappointed
Most Helpful Positive B School Review
I have no doubt you are going to learn a tremendous amount from Marie during B-School (which is why I recommend it so highly – it was the foundation for building my entire business).
Amy Porterfield, Founder, Online Business Made Easy Podcast and Multiple 8-Figure Online Business Owner
Most Helpful Negative B School Review (Which isn’t Really Negative)
There are many skills you need to create a successful business that you don’t get from B-School. In addition to being good at your craft (whether that’s coaching, nutrition, yoga, design, writing, teaching, making or crafting or anything else), you have to understand…
– Fundamental marketing principles (B-School does teach you this)
– Financial planning
– Bookkeeping and taxes
– Strategic planning
– How to work through your own fears and mindset issues
– The sales process and how to implement in for your unique business (Bonus alert!)
– And, of course, you have to be crazy-determined to make your business work.
There is not one program that’s a silver bullet. However, this program is one of the essential keys to making your online business work. The main reason that B-School was my silver bullet was that I had the others things listed above already nailed (or at least pretty good).
Jenny Shih, JennyShih.com
B School Price
B School is $1999 or 12- payments of $199.
What is the B School Refund Policy?
B School has a refund rate at 1.84% which means most students enjoy what they receive, however, if you get in a circumstance where you need to get a refund, there is a refund policy. Marie will give you a refund as long as you’ve completed the B School assignments.
Considering that it’s digital material, they can’t take back the 100’s of hours spent on producing the content you’ve accessed and the knowledge that’s already passed, but they do stand behind the program and say if it hasn’t worked after doing the assignments, then they’ll give you your money back.
My Final Opinion of B School
Overall, I believe B School is a great program. Marie is a veteran in the industry. I’ve went into seasons where I’m binge-watching her content because she gives great advice on MarieTV.
She’s kept a great reputation, avoided snake oil sales tactics, and built a business many people admire. Her students range in success up to multiple 8 figure success stories like Amy Porterfield!
I haven’t personally taken the course, but it’s one I’d like to sometime in the future (maybe even this year). If you’re still on the fence, analyze your situation and decide if:
- It’s affordable for you
- It addresses a problem you have right now
- Or, if the knowledge will help sharpen what you’re already doing
Don’t let fear stop you, but definitely make sure it’s the right timing for you because a good thing at the wrong time can still be bad. The course is definitely a good thing and many highly reputable people and the facts I’ve disclosed here back Marie up in saying that.
Hopefully, this review made it easier for you to make the decision that will grow your business: whether that’s signing up for B School or not.
Popular B School Alternatives
The Business Growth Framework
If you want to know how to start or grow a business in 10 simple steps, then you should check out our free course: The Business Growth Framework.
Patricia Bright's - The Break Platform Course
If you're looking to learn from a 7-figure social media influencer about how the business works, you might be interested in Patricia Bright's The Break Platform.
Christy Wright's Business Boutique
If you want to learn personal finance and the numbers behind a successful business, you might be interested in Christy Wright's Business Boutique.
Marie Forleo's B School
- Marie is a credible instructor and you get her swipe files
- You get lifetime access with no recurring payments
- The community is highly engaged
- Signup comes with bonuses from affiliates (some very credible affiliates)
- Lots of student success stories (up to 8-figures in annual revenue!)
- The price may not be attainable for some
- There is still a learning curve to growing a business -- no course can alleviate that
- You learn marketing and sales skills, but other skills like bookkeeping, taxes, legal, and other business skills aren't taught -- no course can do it all