If you’re looking for a thorough Commission Hero review, you’re in the right place.
It’s likely that if you’re considering whether to sign up for Commission Hero, you want:
- To become good at affiliate marketing
- To learn a new strategy or tactic that could improve your results
You might also want to transition from a job, be looking for a way to supplement your current retirement plan, or you might be looking to start out in the affiliate marketing profession for other reasons.
It’s a great profession with lots of amazing perks like:
- Working from anywhere
- Lucrative income possibilities
- No income ceiling
- Time flexibility
- and, it’s a great way to push many causes forward without making products or delivering services.
Unfortunately, with such a great industry also comes lots of scams to filter thru, and you’re probably wondering whether Commission Hero can help you achieve your goals or not. In this Commission Hero review, I will give you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
- 1 Who is Robby Blanchard?
- 2 What is Commission Hero? An Overview
- 3 How Does Commission Hero Work?
- 4 How Do I Get Started with Commission Hero?
- 5 Who is Commission Hero For?
- 6 Commission Hero Support
- 7 What Does Commission Hero Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t Commission Hero Do Well
- 9 Commission Hero Review Roundup
- 10 Commission Hero Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of Commission Hero
- 12 My Top Commission Hero Alternative Recommendation
- 13 Other Commission Hero Alternatives
- 14 Commission Hero
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
Who is Robby Blanchard?
I think Robby Blanchard’s story is very interesting.
He’s a personal trainer!
He had been a personal trainer for 9 years when he started doing affiliate marketing and he still owns a Crossfit gym. He says he got into learning Facebook ads because his gym was struggling (even to the point where he wasn’t able to buy food!).
He decided to learn more about advertising, and his success with that helped his gym to thrive. He went from having too few members to over 300 members and a brand new facility.
From there, he decided to create a digital product on Crossfit, but he couldn’t get people to help him promote it. As a result, he decided to run Facebook ads to his digital product on Clickbank and it worked!
He started to think that maybe his “recipe” for Facebook ads was translatable into multiple things, so he tried running ads to other people’s high-converting Clickbank offers, and it worked. From there, he started spending hundreds and thousands per day on Facebook ads and testing his process: sometimes he lost money and sometimes he won big.
After some experimentation, he started to see consistent results: from $1000/day and now he’s making $30,000+ per day!
See screenshots of his Clickbank account here:Robby Blanchard is now well-known as the top Clickbank affiliate in the world! As a result, he is a highly credible instructor, he speaks from experience, and he passes on what’s worked in his business and his students’.
What is Commission Hero? An Overview
Commission Hero is Blanchard’s training program that he made to share his experience in affiliate marketing, and to tell others the tactics he’s used to become the #1 Clickbank affiliate.
How Does Commission Hero Work?
Commission Hero is a membership site with video courses and written text. Once you purchase the course, you’ll have immediate access to the course content, and you’ll be able to learn from Robby Blanchard’s experiences. He gives you:
- Done-for-you landing pages for copy-pasting
- His swipe file of ads that have worked for him
- Facebook ads training
- Private access to the Commission Hero coaching group
- Over 20 ad images Robby’s used to earn millions of dollars
- Live training with Robby Blanchard
- Exclusive Commission offers – You’ll be able to get 75%-100% commissions on some offers because you’re Robby’s student
- And, he’ll show you how to create multiple ad accounts in case one gets shut down
How Do I Get Started with Commission Hero?
To get started with Commission Hero, you’d visit the website here, evaluate whether it suits your goals, and choose which payment option works best for you.
Who is Commission Hero For?
- Commission Hero is for affiliate marketers who want to learn how to be successful with affiliate marketing using Facebook ads as the primary traffic source
- Commission Hero is also for those who want to learn how to be successful promoting Clickbank products
- Those who want to learn from Blanchard’s experience as a very successful affiliate marketer including his knowledge of things like buyer psychology, copywriting, and more
Commission Hero Support
With Commission Hero, you’ll get access to a private Facebook group and live training with Robby Blanchard where he says you get the chance to “look over his shoulder”. The support may be the best part of the training.
What Does Commission Hero Do Well
- It has a credible instructor
- Shows what’s possible in the affiliate marketing industry
- It shows a viable method of driving traffic
- It gives swipe files and landing pages so you can get ideas of what working ads and landing pages look like
- It “grandfather’s” you into Blanchards Commission rates
What Doesn’t Commission Hero Do Well
- Commission Hero doesn’t show alternative traffic methods
- It doesn’t show how to find affiliate products outside of Clickbank
- It doesn’t show you a low-cost affiliate startup option
- Refund rates or profit aren’t represented on the advertising, but instead only revenue is shown
- The refund policy says you can’t request a refund for 12 months
- It doesn’t show you web design to design your own landing pages
- It’s doesn’t show you buyer psychology or much copywriting
Commission Hero Review Roundup
Here are the things students and third-party reviewers say that’s good and bad about Commission Hero…
Common Positive Feedback
- Some webinar attendees have heard him mention a 40% profit after ads and refunds, which is pretty good
- Many students are posting results in the Facebook group
- The course is completely worth the money
Common Negative Feedback
- He doesn’t publish refund rates on his website to be transparent for potential customers
- He doesn’t say how much he spends on ads to get the revenue he gets
- The landing page software and ad costs require deeper pockets than some can afford
- He shows you of all the wins but doesn’t also balance that by showing the losses
Most Helpful Positive Commission Hero Review
Once inside the member’s area, you’ll find an 11-module video course where Robby takes you through everything in a structured and simple way that’s easy to follow.
I really like Robby’s no-nonsense teaching style because everything he is saying comes from his own experience. Being the number one ClickBank seller in the world obviously means he knows exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Over the years he knows how to choose the best products to promote, how to target his audience and refined his ad campaigns process, now here he is sharing is top techniques and strategies with us.
I honestly believe that anyone (yes, even complete beginners) who watches the videos and applies what they’re learning can be very successful at this.
By leveraging Robby’s knowledge and years of experience, you’re effectively shaving years off your road to success because you can avoid the common newbie mistakes, the fumbling around trying to figure it all out on your own and just get to the how-to practical stuff that works.
Simon Crowe, Make Money Online Blog
Most Helpful Negative Commission Hero Review
I came across his course when I saw Robby Blanchard posting his Clickbank screenshots in most of the affiliate marketing and Facebook ad groups offering free advice, where he drops his outrageous Clickbank figures which were averaging $35,000 per day.
The problem is, he never shows the actual retention rate, you know, those figures that show how much he made after refunds. I’ve used Clickbank before and refund rates can be as high as 50%.. you don’t get a mention about that….
We also don’t know the cost of his traffic. Anyone can run paid traffic to a gateway page and then a Clickbank offer but how much does it actually cost to get a customer? That 920k per month he claims to make might not be anywhere near the net profit.
You’ve seen the posts of businesses doing 5 million dollars in sales but losing money.
This course focuses on running Facebook ads to gateway pages and then offloading your traffic to Clickbank affiliate offers.
Commission Hero Price
My Final Opinion of Commission Hero
This review has simply relayed the facts in effort to help you (and others considering this program) make the best buying decision, and achieve your goals. When compiling all the facts for this review, I was able to read a mix of positive and negative reviews from students and third parties with no real slant one way or the other.
As a result, I can’t say in confidence whether this program would or would not achieve your goals. I believe Blanchard is a credible instructor and I’m happy to see he didn’t add lots of hype, however, there is still missing information like the typical ad spend and normal refund rates. In addition, it seemed like there was no monopoly of positive experiences–instead, it was fairly balanced between positive and negative, which means you’d inherit more risk when trying the program.
Personally, I’d probably buy the course if:
- If I wanted to learn what his landing pages look like
- I wanted to see his ad swipe files
- Or, if I wanted to learn from his unique experience and mentorship using his 3-step strategy
He says he started testing his methods by spending hundreds on ads, then later scaled that to spending thousands, so I’d guess he probably spends thousands monthly on ads to get the revenue he does.
I think the method of relying solely on ads would be very high risk for most new startup entrepreneurs or those who don’t have thousands in outside capital to invest in ads. I know there are other methods for becoming profitable in business online other than by choosing Clickbank products and using Facebook ads as the traffic method, and those alternatives would work better for the majority of startup entrepreneurs and affiliate marketers.
Added to that, running ads to affiliate offers doesn’t build a reputation or returning customers, which are typically the lifeblood to a long-term and sustainable business. As a result, those who invest solely in methods like these could be like entrepreneurs who focused on driving Myspace traffic to affiliate offers, and lost their entire businesses when their sole traffic source plummetted. Instead, I’d only recommend the method of using Facebook ads and Clickbank offers to someone who doesn’t mind inheriting the risk I’ve mentioned and who has thousands of liquid cash to invest monthly on testing ads until the ads become profitable.
My Top Commission Hero Alternative Recommendation
Instead, my top recommended affiliate training programs teach:
- Multiple methods of traffic generation: high cost and low cost
- Web design
- Buyer psychology
- How to find affiliate partners at Clickbank and other places
- They let you try before you buy
- and, they have credible instructors (who have made millions from affiliate marketing)
My top recommendation is Wealthy Affiliate. I recommend them because you get training and the software you need to start and run your business. There’s no hidden costs. You learn to drive traffic: with and without paid ads.
As a result, it works for startups of various budgets and the quality is parallel with much higher cost alternatives. Added to that, there’s lots of student success (from normal everyday people), there’s a huge and highly engaged community, and you get 1-on-1 support.
Here is a breakdown of what’s included…
Wealthy Affiliate vs. Commission Hero: Here’s how it Compares
Other Commission Hero Alternatives
- John Crestani’s Super Affiliate System – Originally I didn’t like this program, but it’s improved and it teaches this exact strategy and more from a highly credible instructor. You can see my full John Crestani Super Affiliate System review here.
- Income School – Income School teaches how to create niche websites and make money with them using organic traffic methods. See my full Income School review here.
- Dare to Conquer – Dare to Conquer teaches affiliate marketing, ad revenue, and digital course creation as monetization methods. It teaches Pinterest and SEO to drive traffic, and there’s a highly engaged community. You can see my full Dare to Conquer review here.
- Create and Go – Similar to Dare to Conquer, Create and go teaches affiliate marketing ad revenue, and digital course creation. They also teach about working with brands thru sponsorship. For generating traffic, they teach SEO, Pinterest, and Youtube marketing. See my full Create and Go review here.
VERDICT: Recommended for Those with an Ad Spend Budget who Don’t mind Inheriting the Risk Upfront
But, Try my #1 Recommendation 1st for Free
- Credible instructor
- Live training support and community Facebook group
- a Done-for-you system so you can learn from what has worked
- Viable methods taught with higher earning potential
- No upsells or gimmicky sales tactics
- You learn one traffic method that requires significant upfront investment
- Additional tools require more upfront investment and the startup costs aren't clear before checkout
- It's not clear how much money is spent on ads to earn the revenues published in the advertising
- It's not clear what the refund rates are
- A mix of positive and negative reviews from students and third parties, so it's not clear whether there's more student success than failure or not