Many businesses who use Internet Marketing as their primary method for acquiring leads will tell you that Pinterest is an amazing traffic source. Starting in January 2018, I learned about the Power of Pinterest Marketing thru a course by Paul Scrivs at the Billionaire Blog Club. Just take look at the exponential growth he has on a few of his sites:
Site #1: Struggle.co
(Information Source: Spyfu)
Do you see this? A 1-year-old site with an estimated SEO click value of $101,000 and ranked for 1,699 keywords! Other sites are not achieving these type of results after ten years and he’s done it in less than two! Let’s take a look at another one…
Site #2: Obstacle.co
(Information Source: Spyfu)
This site isn’t as flattering as the first one I showed you, but it’s still amazing growth (especially when you consider how many simultaneous projects he has going on. 30,500 monthly SEO clicks and $33,500 in SEO click value is pretty good. He has quite a few websites, and we won’t go thru them all, but let’s look at one more…
Site #3: ThriveStrive.com
(Information Source: Spyfu)
Another site started at nearly the same time that he’s gotten up to $200k in SEO click value! That means over the last 2 years, he’s been able to build more than 3 sites to an approximate SEO click value of $336k in MONTHLY SEO click value!
After seeing the stats he had, the exponential growth he had, and how he’s taken a very inexpensive domain and added that much value per month onto the domain, I decided to listen to him and follow his strategy. He uses Pinterest marketing and the Tailwind App automates his marketing strategy for him. As a result of his marketing strategy, he generated $500,000 in sales last year and currently makes around $30,000/mo in sales with organic traffic sites that are 2 years old!
He has some good training on blogging and Pinterest marketing at the Billionaire Blog Club (now called “Dare to Conquer”)
- 1 Imagine This…
- 2 The Killer Tailwind App Features and Uses
- 3 Tailwind App Review | A Little Background on The Tailwind App
- 4 Tailwind App Review | Tailwind App Products and Services
- 5 Tailwind App Review | Pros and Cons
- 6 Tailwind App Review | Recommended Training
- 7 Get a Free Trial of Tailwind | Try it Out For Yourself!
- 8 Now, it’s Your Turn…
- 9 Pros
- 10 Cons
That’s a very steep ROI. Think about this…You buy a website for $15.99. You pay for hosting for $150-$300 per year. You pay for the Tailwind app at $15/mo, and you generate $1 million in sales (largely from websites created within the last two years)? Do you see why he’s someone I’d be willing to listen to?
To see my full Tailwind app review and tour in video, check this out:
The Killer Tailwind App Features and Uses
Now, let’s get to my Tailwind App Review where I can tell you about what I learned about how the use Tailwind, the features, and whether I recommend it or not…
The Tailwind App was an accidental startup. In fact, they originally were trying to find brides-to-be on Pinterest to help plan their weddings. The funny thing is…
They started to get sophisticated with their analytics and reporting until people started asking them how they could get similar data. As a result of the demand from others for more Pinterest analytics and insight, Tailwind pivoted.
They decided to focus on being the best Pinterest analytics and data platform. Since, they’ve grown with their users, customizing their services to meet demand. Today, the Tailwind App is backed by Pinterest and has grown to be used by over 200,000 of the world’s leading brands and 400 agencies.
Tailwind App Review | Tailwind App Products and Services
The Tailwind App offers:
- Pinterest automated scheduling
- Pinterest tribes for marketing collaborations
- Pinterest analytics
While the services may sound minute, the depth makes the services a huge benefit. Let me show you…
Pinterest Scheduling Automation
The Tailwind App gives you the ability to schedule all of your Pinterest pinning. It offers you suggested times for posting your pins based on other blogs in your niche (when you first start out), then as you’re more established, it will continue to suggest pinning times based on your audience’s highest engaged days and times. Here’s a sample of what the scheduling portion of the Tailwind App looks like:
Pinterest Tribes for Collaborating
The Pinterest tribes may be the best part of the Tailwind App because of the exponential results you can get from it. With the Tailwind Tribes, other Tailwind users load their content, and you exchange shares.
Pinterest has a great demographic. The people average $50,000+ in annual income, they come to Pinterest for ideas, and they’re statistically action-takers.
The Tailwind demographic is an even smaller sub-set of the Pinterest users, but they are influencers who invest in their marketing knowledge and implementation. When you collaborate with Tailwind users, they’re hardworking, looking to advance their media businesses, and they’re willing to help one another out. Here’s some screens to show you what the Tailwind tribes look like:
If you look closely in the image above, you can see how much new content is added in this particular tribe. It’s 10,397 pins to choose from within this tribe. As a tribe mate, I’m supposed to share as much or more of my fellow tribe mates pins as I put in of my own content. In my case, under “yours”, you can see I’ve shared 88 pins in this tribe, which means I would need to schedule a share for 88 or more of my tribe mates pins.
Tribes can give you great opportunities for exponential growth, and you can see that other bloggers like my instructor at the Billionaire Blog Club are experiencing the growth from taking the time and implementing. On the downside, they can be very time consuming because you have to filter thru to find pins you’d be willing to schedule and share with your audience, so you want to scale consistent with the alotted time you have for social media marketing.
This is the results of my activity on Tailwind in my first month:
I’ve increased my reach by 663.2K simply from Tailwind App. I can’t attest to the impact on sales yet, however, I can say that similar reach would cost significantly on Facebook Ads or Google Ads, so it’s awesome how much reach can be acquired thru Pinterest and Tailwind for a nominal price!
As you can see from previous screens and from the previous features (that I posted here), Tailwind offers you lots of data: from what’s a good time for you to post on Pinterest to how many new shares, followers, and the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. The analytics are very helpful for focusing your time and marketing effort on creating when and what your audience wants, and growing as a result.
Tailwind App Review | Pros and Cons
With everything, there’s a good side and a bad side, so let’s analyze the good and bad of the Tailwind App…
- It saves you lots of time on Pinterest marketing by automation
- You can curate high quality content from the tribes
- The collaborations within the tribes enables you to massively grow your reach
- You can network and message within the tribes
- Tailwind gives you insight about the best times to post for engagement with your audience
- They give you daily or weekly updates about your growth on Pinterest
- They’re adding new updates and have several great features in Beta
- It’s very reasonably priced in comparison to other traffic generation methods like PPC or other advertising
- It’s effective and there’s lots of proof to show that people are getting massive results from using Pinterest and Tailwind to grow audiences (remember my example from the Billionaire Blog Club? Wow)
- Curating content on Pinterest takes time, and even with automation it would add onto the time it takes to create content on your primary platform: blog, podcast, Youtube, etc.
- It costs. There’s a free trial and a $15/mo plan, but if you want unlimited tribe submissions and unlimited posting, it’s like $400/year
- You have to know SEO to do really well on Pinterest (Take my #1 Recommended Internet Marketing Training and Learn SEO)
Tailwind App Review | Recommended Training
Successful Tailwind and Pinterest users are split testing various things to decide what works and what doesn’t. SEO is foundational knowledge to be successful at Pinterest, so if you’re unfamiliar with search engine optimization, I suggest you check out my #1 recommended Internet Marketing Training.
If you want direction specifically on Pinterest, I’ve taken three amazing courses from people who have been able to quickly inflate the value of their blogs by tapping into Pinterest and Tailwind traffic strategies. As a result, they had amazing growth in terms of audience growth and sales in a short period of time.
These three course creators are Lynn Huy (whose training is at Wealthy Affiliate), Paul Scrivs (whose training is at the Billionaire Blog Club now called “Dare to Conquer”), and Alex Nerney and Lauren Mcmanus at Create and Go. Check out their training programs!
- Lynn Huy’s 14-Part Pinterest Training | How To Use Tailwind for Pinterest to Explode Your Pinterest Traffic
- Paul Scrivs Dare to Conquer Pinterest Training | A Tailwind Pinterest Traffic Crash Course + more content on Pinterest still in the works.
- Create and Go | This couple went from $0 to $100,000+ monthly with their blog by using SEO, Pinterest and Youtube, and they tell how in their course Pinterest Avalanche.
Get a Free Trial of Tailwind | Try it Out For Yourself!
If you’d like to try out Tailwind and see if you can get results similar to what I’ve disclosed here, you should definitely try it out! When you create your account as my referral, you’ll get a $15 credit that lets you schedule pins and participate in the tribes. If you decide it works for you, then you can pick a premium plan you like. You can try Tailwind free by clicking here.
Now, it’s Your Turn…
Have you used the Tailwind App? What’s your experience? Leave your comments below.
- Great analytics
- Endorsed by Pinterest
- High customer satisfaction ratings
- Proof that many people are seeing exponential growth in traffic as a result of Pinterest and Tailwind automation
- Very affordable
- There's a learning curve
- It's best to take a Pinterest course to learn how to use it