If you’re looking for a comparison between two major hosting companies, WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate, you’re in the right place.
When you’re choosing a hosting company, there are quite a few to choose from, and there’s many factors to consider. If your business relies heavily on your website, then this decision can heavily influence your day-to-day operations, so it’s not one you want to take lightly.
WP Engine and Wealthy Affiliate are undoubtedly two of the most raved about hosting companies online. They both have many avid fans, which demonstrates that they both do many things well. In this WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate review, I want to discuss how the two companies compare to help you decide which is the best fit for you. I will give you:
- What they do
- How each works
- Pros and Cons
- What they each do well and they don’t
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- The Major Differences
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some additional comparison shopping)
If you decide at any point you want to skip the remainder of the review and TRY WP ENGINE OUT FOR YOURSELF you can CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR FREE 14-DAY TRIAL ACCOUNT. If you decide instead that you want to TRY WEALTHY AFFILIATE, you can CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR LIFETIME FREE ACCOUNT.
- 1 What is WP Engine Hosting? An Overview
- 2 What is Wealthy Affiliate?
- 3 WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate Features
- 4 WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate | Major Differences
- 5 WP Engine Price
- 6 Wealthy Affiliate Price
- 7 My Final Opinion of WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate
- 8 Top Alternatives to WP Engine and Wealthy Affiliate
- 9 VERDICT: Wealthy Affiliate Wins
- 10 ——————————————————-
- 11 Wealthy Affiliate
- 12 Pros
- 13 Cons
What is WP Engine Hosting? An Overview
WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting company that manages the WordPress experience for clients. Rather than the traditional hosting model where users would pay for hosting and manage their accounts thru a billing login and a C-Panel account, WP Engine offers a custom experience where you’d manage your account from a single location. WP Engine is also well-known for providing customer support to answer questions and help navigate concerns related to your website.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Similar to WP Engine,Wealthy Affiliate is also a managed WordPress hosting company. It is privately owned by two young family men named Kyle and Carson from Canada. Together, they’ve built the platform from a small keyword research business into a huge 1.4+ million member robust internet marketing platform over the last 15 years!
Their goal is singular. They want to help people learn how to start and run a successful online business.
WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate Features
The two hosting companies have very powerful plans because they’re both operating WordPress websites and using some of the best server technology, but here’ the breakdown of the features of each.
WP Engine offers plans that span from:
- Managing 1-25 sites
- 10GB-1TB of local storage
- up to 25,000-Millions of visits per month
- and, since they’ve recently acquired Studiopress, they include the Genesis framework and themes free
Wealthy Affiliate offers:
A keyword research tool – To make sure website owners know the potential search volume of information they’re putting onto their websites.
A highly engaged social community – A component of the Wealthy Affiliate website operates very similar to a social media platform, but it’s niche specific to people who are aspiring to make money online. They have 1.4 million+ members there that share stories of their website experiments, success, and failures, and this will circulate across your newsfeed similar to Facebook or Instagram.
A website management platform – Wealthy Affiliate offers their members a custom control panel (like WP Engine does), but it’s more robust. Rather than simply being a place where you can log on and update plugins, the website management platform enables users to check the speed of each page on every website they have hosted, to add or remove SSL, to turn on automated server caching, to see how many pages, posts are on each website, to add content to any of the hosted websites from a single platform, to set content creation goals and track them, and more.
A comments platform – Engagement on your website is a metric that boosts SEO and trust amongst your readers. Wealthy Affiliate offers a comments platform that enables members to pay-it-forward by offering comments in exchange for getting comments.
A feedback platform – Similar to the comments platform, Wealthy Affiliate offers a feedback platform where you can get on-demand feedback on the user experience of your website.
and, 1000s of hours of Training – Wealthy Affiliate has offered live weekly training with Q&A on internet marketing for the last 10 years and it’s still offered! All of the recordings of the last 10 years are available within the platform for members to view. In addition to recorded training sessions from the live Q&A’s and live weekly training sessions you can attend, Wealthy Affiliate is an open market where members are able to create training for others to view. There are 1000s of hours of training created by Wealthy Affiliate members on a wide span of topics including social media, landing pages, affiliate marketing, website monetization and more.
The details of the hosting (bandwidth, storage, security, etc.) break down like this:
This is what the Site Management Platform looks like…
Each tab (SiteManager, SiteComments, SiteFeedback, SiteEmail, SiteDomains, and SiteSupport) make it easy for Wealthy Affiliate members to manage their hosted websites from one single interface.
WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate | Major Differences
Here are some other major differences:
- Pricing – With Wealthy Affiliate, you get more storage, bandwidth, and features for the price – Wealthy Affiliate wins
- Storage Plans – Wealthy Affiliate offers plans with enough bandwidth to go up to 500K monthly visitors and WP Engine offers plans that allow up to millions of visitors – WP Engine wins
- Features – Wealthy Affiliate has unlimited email, domain registration, Sitefeedback, Sitecomments, SiteContent, training, and social engagement. WP Engine doesn’t come close to the features. They simply offer “premium hosting”. – Wealthy Affiliate wins.
WP Engine Price
Wealthy Affiliate Price
My Final Opinion of WP Engine vs. Wealthy Affiliate
In my opinion, Wealthy Affiliate is a clear winer with more features, training, tools, and support for people with websites up to 500K visitors per month. They provide a wholesome environment for people who want to succeed online to fulfill their desire and they also teach monetization strategies. In contrast, WP Engine offers hosting and prides themselves with offering superior support for WordPress than other platforms, but they are missing many features like a free trial. Since Wealthy Affiliate offers you the chance to try their sitebuilder, 10 training lessons, and membership in their community for free, what do you stand to lose? CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT TO WEALTHY AFFILIATE NOW.
Top Alternatives to WP Engine and Wealthy Affiliate
VERDICT: Wealthy Affiliate Wins
- 1.4 million+ members to socially engage with
- Powerful web hosting with 30GB storage and up to 500K bandwidth
- A robust platform to manage your websites
- Up to 25 paid sites hosted and Up to 25 free sites hosted
- 1000's of hours of training and more is being created daily
- Can't service accounts with more than 500K visitors/mo